MOVE SUFFOLK WEEK 2020
The inaugural Move Suffolk Week in 2019 was a great success.
So get ready Suffolk, to MOVE again.
Move Suffolk Week
16-24 May 2020
Go on move more!
See what happened in Move Suffolk Week 2019
OFFERS AND FREE SESSIONS
Watch out for all the Move Suffolk Week 2020 offers which will be available here in May 2020.
What is Move Suffolk Week?
Working with friends and partners, we’ll be bringing the second Move Suffolk Week on 16-24 May 2020.
Our aims are to:
- Celebrate the amazing range of opportunities there are to be active in Suffolk
- Educate everyone about how active they should be for good health
- Motivate everyone in Suffolk to get moving or to move more often
Why move more?
healthier = happier! 🙂
Whatever your age, there’s strong scientific evidence that being physically active can help you lead a healthier and happier life.
People who exercise regularly have a lower risk of developing many long-term (chronic) conditions, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and some cancers.
Research shows that physical activity can also boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy, as well as reducing your risk of stress, depression, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
a longer & more fulfilling life
Given the overwhelming evidence, it seems obvious that we should all be physically active. It’s essential if you want to live a healthy and fulfilling life into old age.
It’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
Although it was great feeling physically healthier, for me, the mental health benefits and how it made me feel were so much better. I felt more confident and had more energy.
Cat took part in the Great East Swim and met a friend for life, Claire.